,Most people are familiar with Phibro because of the political mess it caused its former owner Citigroup. The groups top trader, Andrew Hall, was owed a bonus that the czar's in DC found tough to swallow. Citigroup then sold 20% of Phibro to Occidental Petroleum, Hall owns the remaining 80%.
It looks like the new fund headed by Andy Hall, Astenbeck Offshore Commodities Fund, has had a rough start, down nearly 12% on the year.
This is the personal blog of Emory Redd.
This blog is not investment advice. This is not a solicitation to invest. Don't take candy from strangers.
BEST OF HEDGEROLL
ACHILLION AND RA CAPITAL: MY FAVORITE TRADE
SALIX INVESTORS LOOKING FOR A BUYOUT SHOULD BE CAUTIOUS; MORE ACCOUNTING PROBLEMS AHEAD
BIOTECH AS BUFFETT'S WONDERFUL BUSINESS